PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
1. What is personal data
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as for instance your contact information, your order data or your product data.
2. General principles for personal data processing by RL Audio Visual Group Limited
We adhere to the following principles when processing your personal data:
- we will only collect personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- will not collect personal data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes;
we will not use personal data for purposes other than that for which the data was collected, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
we will not transfer personal data to third parties, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
we will do our best to ensure that information is up to date by encouraging you to verify your personal data periodically;
we will maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing; and
- except when stated herein, we will not store personal data longer than is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the data were collected or for which they are further processed, or as is required by law.
3. Personal data we collect and process
When you engage with RL Audio Visual Group Limited via our various channels, we collect and process your personal data. The personal data that we collect and process can be categorised as follows:
- Your personal details, such as your name, e-mail address, physical address (if provided), phone number (if provided), IP address, in some cases geo location and language.
- Your purchase information, such as your personal details as specified above, company name (if provided), your delivery information, such as delivery address, if different from physical address, your order information, such as product name, quantity, product name, stock keeping unit no. and product serial no., quantity, date of purchase and dealer information, your payment information, such as credit card or similar payment information and friend referral (if applicable).
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance, containing your personal details, as specified above, product serial number, product warranty information, place of purchase and other relevant information, Information provided when completing surveys, questionnaires and feedback forms, such as your personal details, as specified above, your B&O product warranty ID, place of purchase, your feedback on your use of B&O product(s) and evaluation of the same, your location information.
4. How we use your personal data
We only collect and process personal data, if at least one of the below mentioned purposes applies:
- We provide you with customized information on news, events, competitions and similar marketing content related to Bang & Olufsen Group, its products and products made in collaboration with third parties. Our processing in this regard will be based on your consent thereto.
- We handle your purchase orders, complete purchase transactions, ensure delivery of purchased product(s), handle possible returns. Our processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, to which you are a party.
- We provide you with customer service, handle your requests or complaints and provide you with product warranty support. Our processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, to which you are a party.
- We ensure better customer experience by providing you with personal benefits, such as discounts or customized offers based on previous purchases and possible friend referrals. Our processing in this regard will be based on your consent thereto.
- We collect you feedback regarding your use of our products and services by inviting you to complete surveys, questionnaires or feedback forms. Our processing in this regard will be based on your consent thereto.
Accordingly, some of your personal data is collected and processed in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for instance, when you purchase our products, contact our customer support or claim warranty. Should you choose not to provide us with the requested and necessary personal data in this regard, we might not be able to fully satisfy your request.
5. Our disclosure of your personal data to third parties
We may disclose your personal data to third parties to the extent required by law, court order or a decision rendered by a competent public authority and for the purpose of law enforcement. In addition, we may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- Our group companies and authorized B&O dealers in order to deliver products and services to you, to ensure a consistent level of service across our products and services, to enhance our products, services and your customer experience.
- Third party vendors carrying out services on our behalf, including billing, sales, marketing, IT support, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, product service support, shipping and purchase order fulfilment, data storage, validation, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. Such third-party vendors have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your personal data for other purposes.
Third parties in order to establish, exercise or defend legal rights of RL Audio Visual Group Limited.
- Third parties in the event of any merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of RL Audio Visual Group Limited's assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Other third parties subject to your consent.
When we disclose your personal data to a third party, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal data. The disclosure is conducted in compliance with legal requirements, including entering into data processing agreements with the relevant third parties, to ensure that personal data is only processed in accordance with our instructions, applicable law and regulations and for the purpose specified by us and to ensure adequate security measures.
6. Retention of your personal data
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it.
Personal data related to your purchase and product warranty information is kept and processed for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase, unless you have obtained extended warranty period or such data is legitimately processed for other purposes, such as providing you with personal benefits or customized direct marketing upon your consent or for pursuing our legal claims, where maintaining such information is considered necessary.
Personal data related to our provision of direct marketing to you is kept and processed for a period of three (3) years from the date you last have been active in opening our marketing communication or otherwise showing interest in such communication.
Relevant personal information will be deleted after expiry of the above-mentioned periods, unless such data legitimately can be kept and processed for other processing purposes, which we have legal basis for.
7. Updating and/or deleting your personal data
We encourage you to update your personal data provided to RL Audio Visual Group Limited any time there are changes in your personal data. This can be done via email to us, in store or over the phone.
In order to ensure that your personal data processed by us is up-to-date we request you to check and, if relevant, update your personal data at least once a year.
Your personal data can be deleted at any time via email communication to us, unless RL Audio Visual Group Limited is entitled or obliged by applicable law and regulations to keep and process such information regardless withdrawal of your consent.
8. Right to withdraw your consent
Some of RL Audio Visual Group Limited's processing activities may be based on your consent. In such cases, you will have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing conducted prior to the withdrawal.
Please note that as a consequence of your withdrawal of your consent, RL Audio Visual Group Limited may not be able to meet your requests or provide you with our services.
9. Right to restriction of processing and right to object
You have the right to restriction of processing of your personal data, if the personal data is not correct, if the processing is unlawful, but you oppose erasure of your personal data, if RL Audio Visual Group Limited no longer needs your personal data for the purposes of processing, but storing such data is requested by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or if you have objected to processing and verification, whether RL Audio Visual Group Limited still has legitimate interest in the given personal data is pending.
At any time you have the right to object to processing of your personal data collected and processed for purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by RL Audio Visual Group Limited, for instance, make your future purchases easier by remembering your shipping details, or when we conduct analytics and statistics on your use type, date and frequency of our range of products.
Furthermore, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can do so by unsubscribing from our marketing information by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the bottom of marketing communication from RL Audio Visual Group Limited or by sending us an email.
10. Right to complain
If you want to complain about a privacy breach, please contact RL Audio Visual Group Limited by sending your complain to email@example.com
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five (5) business days. We will do our best to resolve it as quickly as possible and within one (1) month from the date of complaint. In case response would require longer term than one (1) month, we will let you know and inform you of the relevant reason(s).
11. Third-party websites, plug-ins and services
Websites, apps and products of RL Audio Visual Group Limited may contain links to third party websites, plug-ins, for instance social media login plug-in, or services, for instance voice control functionality provided by Amazon or Google. As regards your use of voice enabled B&O products, please note that Bang & Olufsen Group does not collect or process any sound recordings on its own behalf, but only makes available third-party services.
12. Data security
RL Audio Visual Group Limited is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use necessary organisational technical, and administrative measures to protect your personal data under control of RL Audio Visual Group Limited, such as control of access, transmission, input and availability and the separation of data.
Your personal details and your credit card details, if you have provided such to RL Audio Visual Group Limited remain encrypted in RL Audio Visual Group Limited's secure web servers. Credit card information is directed to one or more approved and certified service provider(s) and will not be stored for longer than it takes to process the data. All external transmissions of personal data facilitated by RL Audio Visual Group Limited are protected by encryption.
RL Audio Visual Group Limited does not target and is not intended to attract children. Accordingly, our online services, including personal accounts on websites and apps provided by RL Audio Visual Group Limited that collect any personal data are not directed at and should not be accessed by individuals under the age of sixteen (16 years), and we request that such individuals do not provide any personal data to RL Audio Visual Group Limited. Minors must obtain express consent from parents or legal guardians prior to accessing or providing any personal data. If notified by a parent or guardian or discovered by other means, that a child under the age of sixteen has provided his or her personal data to RL Audio Visual Group Limited, we will cancel the child's account, if any, and delete the child's personal data in our possession.